Today I’m sharing my facial skincare regimen with you all because to feel like a true queen, princess, king or prince, having healthy skin is important! Besides drinking lots of water, eating right and exercise, there are skincare products on the market that can assist you in enhancing your skin’s true potential. After trying Irie Rock products, I’m delighted to write this review on their Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Facial Care Set. It’s Ahh-mazing! What’s more awesome?? These products are Jamaican and most of the raw materials used are sourced locally. Irie Rock’s all natural facial line has no parabens, no colorants, no mineral oil, no artificial fragrance and no alcohol! It promises to be great for all skin types and it definitely helps to keep my skin replenished and blemish free. It smells like a product you’d find on the shelves of a high-end spa while it is not too potent. The tea tree and witch hazel ingredients provide a wide range of benefits —as it is natural— which you could easily google but “tea tree and witch hazel act as disinfectants that fight bacteria and helps the skin to heal by encouraging the formation of new scar tissue. Their antioxidant and astringent properties make them effective against acne”. The facial care set assists in; moisturizing, the prevention of wrinkles, sagging skin, age spots and clearing up acne and other blemishes. I started using the tea tree and witch hazel collection around December. I find that it works really well as a spot/ blemish treatment as well as for toning the skin. If I get a breakout, these products help me to see improvements quickly and help to reduce future breakouts.
The facial kit includes the:
- Rejuvenating Facial Scrub ( 2 in 1 exfoliating scrub & cleanser with natural witch hazel granules) – This deep action exfoliating scrub is very effective against acne and it feels great! It cleans pores deep down and gently exfoliates the skin’s surface revealing more vibrant and radiant skin.
- Deep Pore Facial Cleanser ( with salicylic acid) – As the name suggests, this product cleanses and revitalizes deep down in the pores to bring forth flawless skin. It’s also that kind of product that you feel when it’s working which I love! It gently cleanses and what’s more awesome, it effectively washes away makeup! Whenever I use makeup, I usually wipe my face with makeup removing wipes then use this product before and after scrubbing. It removes other impurities as well and leaves my skin refreshed and healthy.
- Refreshing Facial Toner ( with salicylic acid) – Also an excellent product; the toner is necessary for my facial cleansing regimen. I find it very effective for my oily skin. It cools, refreshes and deep cleans while it soothes aggravation, clears congested follicles and minimizes future breakouts. I believe it is excellent for oily skin or for people who just want extra cleansing after wearing makeup or sun screen all day. It tightens, tones and helps to provide clearer, healthier skin.
- Replenishing Facial Moisturizer – It hydrates my skin leaving a clean feeling without residue. Unlike some moisturizers, when I use Irie Rock’s Replenishing Facial Moisturizer, it gives a “barely there” feel while it replenishes. I usually use this facial moisturizer on my neck as well. It is enriched and combined perfectly with tea tree, lavender and geranium essentials oils along with witch hazel and comfrey that replenishes the skin’s natural balance.
- 3% Glycolic Acids – Initially, I started using this serum every other night after facial cleansing to avoid irritation and gradually worked up to nightly application. It has a tingling feeling as it sheds the outermost layer of dead skin cells and allows the renewal of a new layer to arise. Glycolic Acid is emanated from sugar cane and it deeply penetrates the skin, which makes it the most effective for treating fine lines, acne, blackheads, dullness, oiliness etc. I usually use the Replenishing Facial Moisturizer afterwards and sunscreen the next morning before contact with the sun the to avoid skin irritation and sun sensitivity.
With regular usage of the Irie Rock Facial Care Set my skin is kept refreshed and calm. Additionally to the toners, moisturizers, cleansers and scrubs, Irie Rock also produces aloe vera gel found in the facial set and delicious body butters, body scrubs and body oils that carry yummy scents of mango, papaya, coconut, vanilla and cocoa butter. The body splashes come in similar fragrances and also in coffee scent. For more photos and information, visit the Irie Rock website. Photos are courtesy of Irie Rock.
Photo credit: www.irierock.com